With the summer months approaching lot of people are thinking about going on holidays. Some things to remember when planning a holiday.
- Make sure your holiday is A.B.T.A or A.T.O.L covered
- Make sure your passport is valid
- Make sure you have the correct Visa
- Look around for best travel insurance
- Read travel insurance policy carefully before purchasing
- Give your insurance Company the correct information about any pre-existing medical conditions
Other things to remember
- Switch off all electrical appliances
- Turn off gas
- Arrange for pets to be looked after
- Cancel papers
- Make sure alarm is set
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked securely with strong locks
- Ask a friend to keep an eye on your property while you are away
- Make sure the fridge is left on
If you are traveling with in the E.U get a European Health Insurance card. A govt scheme entitles you to free or discounted medical cover in state hospitals anywhere in the EU or Switzerland, providing you’re holstering a valid EHIC card. Yet nearly 3m people sadly have out-of-date cards. Get one or renew at Ehic.org.uk.
Car parking at the Airport
Pre-plan airport parking. Public transport’s usually cheapest, but if you drive to the airport, the sooner you book parking spaces the cheaper
Label your suitcase with name, phone, number and email address in case luggage gets lost
TAKE A MIXTURE OF CASH CARDS AND TRAVELLER CHEQUES WITH YOU BUT DO NOT KEEP THEM ALL TOGETHER IN CASE THEY GET STOLEN.
The most important thing is have a safe holiday and enjoy yourselves.