Cynon Valley Young Carers Project
Who is the project for?
- Children and young people who look after or help to look after someone in their family who is ill or disabled.
- They could be looking after a parent, brother or sister or a grandparent.
- The young carer must live in the Cynon valley and be aged between 8 and 18
Services Available to Young Carers
- ‘Timeout’ from caring to have fun
- Help to arrange extra support at home
- The chance to take part in group activities, day trips and weekends away
- The chance to get information and advice on services and support available to them
- Quiet area available for study
- The opportunity to make friends with other young people
- A service which listens to young carers and respects their wishes
- Our young carers worker carries out this work with the help of sessional workers who are police checked and are supervised in the work they do.
If you want to know more about the project then telephone 01443 476777 or call into Mountain Ash YMCA